Women's Basketball Weekly Release: November 22
Friday, Nov 24
Texas Southern vs. UTEP
El Paso, Texas 1:00 p.m.
Mississippi Valley vs. Colorado
Boulder, Colo. 2:00 p.m.
Alcorn State vs. Southern Miss
Hattiesburg, Miss. 6:00 p.m.
Alabama State vs. Stephen F. Austin
Hattiesburg, Miss. 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov 25
Alcorn State vs. Stephen F. Austin
Hattiesburg, Miss. TBA
Prairie View vs. TAMU-Corpus Christi
Edinburg, Texas 12:00 PM
Arkansas-Pine Bluff vs. Dayton
Dayton, Ohio 2:00 PM
Sunday, Nov 26
Prairie View vs. UTRGV
Edinburg, Texas 3:00 PM
Tuesday, November 28
Jackson State vs. Spring Hill College
Jackson, Miss. 6:00 PM
Prairie View vs. Texas A&M
College Station, Texas 7:00 PM
Alabama State vs. South Alabama
Montgomery, Ala. 7:00 PM
Wednesday, Nov 29
Texas Southern vs. Sam Houston State
Huntsville, Texas 6:30 PM
Arkansas-Pine Bluff vs. Austin Peay
Clarksville, Tenn. 7:00 PM
NEWS AND NOTES:
• With wins over Evansville and Tennessee State last week, Alabama A&M has won back-to-back nonconference games for the first time in four years.
• Texas Southern’s Joyce Kennerson scored a career-high 33 points in a 70-56 loss to Texas State on Nov. 21. Kennerson is now ranked among the top 15 all-time leading scorers in Texas Southern program history.
• Prairie View A&M is making its mark nationally, as the Lady Panthers have two players ranked in the top 10 of certain statistical categories. Reigning SWAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week Shala Dobbins -- who leads the league in scoring -- is ranked No. 8 in points per game (24.7). Teammate Dominique Newman is averaging 4.67 steals per game so far this season, good for the third-highest theft clip in the country.
• Prairie View A&M is averaging 89.0 points per game as a team, ranking them top 20 nationally in the category.
• Alcorn State, Jackson State and Prairie View A&M are the only three teams in the conference that are, on average, outscoring opponents by at least 10 points per game.
• Prairie View A&M has corralled 50.3 rebounds per game, good for 13th-highest average in the nation.