Baseball Recaps: March 6
La Tech 8 Grambling State 0
RUSTON, La. | The Grambling State University baseball team finished with four hits as the Tigers dropped an 8-0 decision to Louisiana Tech on Tuesday night at J.C. Love Field.
The Tigers (6-7) gave up one run in the first inning, one in the fourth and one in the sixth as Louisiana Tech built a 3-0 lead.
The Bulldogs used a four-run seventh and tacked on a run in the eighth to pick up the victory.
Inside The Numbers
- Grambling State finished with four hits and left eight on base.
- * Garrett Smith, Marshawn Taylor, Isaiah Torries and Trent Bolden each recorded one hit.
- * Elijah Saunders (0-2) took the loss in 5.1 innings on the mound. He gave up three runs on seven hits, with three strikeouts and three walks.
- * Christian Marquez worked one inning of relief and was tagged for four runs on two hits. * Kerry Boykins, Jr. gave up one run on two hits in 1.2 innings of relief.
- * Tyler Follis (1-1) pitched six innings and scattered three hits, while fanning eight to earn the victory. * Braxton Smith worked three innings in relief and struck out four.
- * Louisiana Tech finished with 11 hits and stranded 10 on base.
- * Tanner Huddleston paced the Bulldog offense by going 3-for-4, with three runs scored and a pair of RBIS.
- * Dalton Skelton, Mason Mallard and Parker Bates each registered two hits.
- * Chris Clayton and Mason Robinson tallied one hit apiece.
Courtesy: Grambling State Sports Infomration
Sam Houston State 12 Prairie View A&M 1
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - The Prairie View A&M University baseball lost the opening game of a two-game midweek series Tuesday, losing at Sam Houston St. 12-1.
The Panthers scored their run in the opening inning. Demarie Smith led off with a single to right field, stole second, advanced to third on a throwing error, and then scored on a fielding error to take the early lead.
Sam Houston St. scored four runs in the second, two in the third and one in the third to break the game open.
Courtesy: Prairie View A&M Sports Information
Creighton 10 Arkansas Pine Bluff 6
PINE BLUFF, Ark. – Arkansas Pine Bluff fell 10-6 in a comeback effort that fell short on Tuesday.
The Golden Lions fell behind early, trailing 4-0 after the first inning.
Creighton added three in the fifth, to make the score 7-0.
UAPB started to comeback, scoring three runs in the bottom of the fifth, to trim its deficit to 7-4.
UAPB added two more runs in the sixth, but the comeback would stall late in the game, leading to the defeat.
Central Arkansas 19 Mississippi Valley State 4
CONWAY, Ark. – Mississipi valley State fell 19-4 on Tuesday to Central Arkansas.
MVSU took an early lead, leading 2-0 after the first inning. MVSU got another run in the third, to make the score 3-1.
Central Arkansas took control of the from that point, scoring five runs in the bottom of the third, to take a 6-3 lead.
Central Arkansas pulled away in the rest of the contest, taking the victory.