JSU Women's Golf Headed to NCAA West Regional
Courtesy Jackson State Sports Information
The NCAA Division I Women's Golf Committee announced the teams and individuals selected to participate in the 2012 NCAA Division I Women's Golf Regionals on Tuesday.
The Jackson State Lady Tigers golf team was chosen to participate in the West regional and will play at the Colorado National Golf Club in Erie, CO. The University of Colorado will serve as host.
Three regional tournaments will be conducted May 10-12 to determine the championships field, Regional tournaments are considered preliminary rounds of NCAA championships competition.
A total of 378 participants have been selected for regional competition. Of these players, 126 will advance to the championships finals. Eight teams and two individuals will advance from each regional.
The championships finals will be held May 22-25 at the Vanderbilt Legends Club in Franklin, TN and will be hosted by Vanderbilt University.
West Regional Teams:
3. North Carolina
5. California (Pac-12 Conference)
7. Pepperdine (West Coast Conference)
8. UC Davis (Big West Conference)
9. Oklahoma (Big 12 Conference)
10. Texas Tech
11. Tulsa (Conference USA)
12. TCU (Mountain West Conference)
13. Iowa St.
15. Denver (Sun Belt Conference)
17. New Mexico
18. Oregon St.
20. Kennesaw St. (Atlantic Sun Conference)
21. San Jose St. (Western Atlantic Conference)
22. Missouri St. (Missouri Valley Conference)
23. Northern Colo. (Big Sky Conference)
24. Jackson St. (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
1. Kayla Mortellaro, Idaho
2. Ally McDonald, Mississippi St.
3. Amy Anderson, North Dakota St.
4. Maggie Yuan, BYI
5. Brianna Espinoza, Colorado St.
6. Demi Mak, New Mexico St.