Women's Basketball Weekly Release: January 4
Saturday, January 6
*Alcorn State vs. Jackson State
Lorman, Miss., 3:00 p.m.
*Alabama State vs. Mississippi Valley State
Montgomery, Ala., 3:00 p.m.
*Southern vs. Grambling State
Baton Rouge, La., 3:00 p.m.
*Alabama A&M vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Huntsville, Ala., 4:00 p.m.
*Texas Southern vs. Prairie View
Houston, Texas, 5:30 p.m.
Monday, January 8
*Alcorn State vs. Grambling State
Lorman, Miss., 5:30 p.m.
*Alabama A&M vs. Mississippi Valley State
Huntsville, Ala., 5:30 p.m.
*Southern vs. Jackson State
Baton Rouge, La., 5:30 p.m.
*Alabama State vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Montgomery, Ala., 5:30 p.m.
NEWS AND NOTES:
• Grambling State guard Shakyla Hill became the fourth player in the history of NCAA D-I women's basketball -- and the first in 25 years -- to record a quadruple-double when she posted 15 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and 10 steals in the Lady Tigers' 93-71 win over Alabama State last night. It is the second-most points scored in a quadruple-double, and also marked her second-straight game with double-digit steals.
• With a 32-point effort in Texas Southern's win over Alcorn State last night, guard Joyce Kennerson reclaimed the status of nation's leading scorer.
• Dating back to last season, Jackson State has won six straight conference games, the longest active streak in the SWAC.
• Southern's Briana Green has been on a bit of a tear lately, as she is averaging 20.8 points per game over her last five outings.
• Texas Southern currently has the top-ranked team field-goal percentage (41.3) and opponent field-goal percentage (36.9) in the SWAC.