Volleyball Release: September 7
Friday, Sept. 8
Mississippi Valley State vs. UL-Monroe, 9 AM
Arkansas-Pine Bluff @ Louisiana Tech, Noon
Alabama A&M @ Eastern Illinois, Noon
Texas Southern @ Stephen F. Austin, 1:30 PM
Alcorn State vs. UL-Monroe, 2 PM
Jackson State vs. Georgia State, 3 PM
Mississippi Valley State vs. North Carolina A&T, 4 PM
Arkansas-Pine Bluff vs. Sam Houston State, 5 PM
Alcorn State @ Jacksonville State, 7 PM
Alabama State vs. Southeastern Louisiana, 7 PM
Southern @ Central Arkansas, 7:30 PM
Saturday, Sept. 9
Southern vs. Arkansas State, 10:30 AM
Alabama A&M vs. Chicago State, 11 AM
Arkansas-Pine Bluff vs. Memphis, 11 AM
Mississippi Valley State vs. Jacksonville State, 11:30 AM
Alabama State vs. Western Carolina 11:30 AM
Texas Southern vs. Arkansas-Little Rock, 11:30 AM
Jackson State @ Tennessee-Chattanooga, 12:30 PM
Alcorn State vs. North Carolina A&T, 2 PM
Alabama A&M vs. Western Illinois, 3 PM
Southern vs. Central Florida, 3:30 PM
Texas Southern vs. Tulsa, 4 PM
Jackson State vs. Southern Illinois-Edwardsville, 4:30 PM
Alabama State vs. Jacksonville, 5 PM
Tuesday, Sept. 12
Alcorn State @ North Alabama, 6 PM
Grambling State vs. Jarvis Christian, 6 PM
Jackson State vs. Louisiana Tech, 6:30 PM
Mississippi Valley State @ Nicholls State, 7 PM
Prairie View A&M vs. McNeese State, 7 PM
NEWS AND NOTES:
- Jamie Polk of Mississippi Valley State now holds the top two spots in terms of single-game assist totals on the season. The Devilettes’ setter dished out 32 helpers against Crowley’s Ridge and 31 versus Arkansas-Monticello Wednesday.
- After a long layoff due to Hurricane Harvey, Southern and Texas Southern return to action this weekend. The Jaguars head to Central Arkansas for the Sugar Bear Classic, and the Lady Tigers go to Stephen F. Austin for tournament action.
- Reigning SWAC Offensive Player of the Week Briana Dorsey is ahead of last year’s league-leading clip in terms of attack percentage. Dorsey has put down a kill on 43 percent of her tries, a mark that ranks her in the top 40 nationally.
- Jackson State freshman Camry Dabney is currently tied with Alabama State’s Ni’yesha Brown for the league lead in total kills with 66. If Dabney continues her pace, she could become the first JSU player to lead the conference in that since 2012, when Christine Edwards paced the league with 504. Should Brown stay on her current track, she’d be the first Lady Hornet since 2013 (Amber Bennett, 389) to rank atop the category.
- Grambling State and Prairie View A&M are idle this weekend but return to action Tuesday night for mid-week tilts agaisnt Jarvis Christian and McNeese State, respectively.