Division Race Scenarios for SWAC Championship Game
With one game remaining in the SWAC football race, both divisions are still up for grabs and a berth into the 2011 Farmers Insurance SWAC Championship Game presented by Toyota.
- Alabama A&M controls its fate vs. Prairie View.
- Only Alabama State can win the division outright.
- If Alabama A&M defeats Prairie View, then Alabama A&M holds tie-breakers in a two-way tie with Alabama State or a three-way tie with Alabama State and Jackson State. (Note: in this scenario, if Jackson State defeats Alcorn State AND Southern defeats Grambling, then Jackson State would have won a three-way tie-breaker with Alabama A&M and Alabama State, but JSU is ineligible for the SCG).
- If Prairie View defeats Alabama A&M, then Alabama State holds the tie-breaker over Jackson State if there is a tie at 7-2. (in this scenario, the championship game matchup is Alabama State vs. Prairie View).
- Prairie View controls its fate vs. Alabama A&M.
- If PV loses, then Grambling controls its fate vs. Southern.
- Both Prairie View and Grambling can still win the division outright.
- If there is a tie at 6-3 between Prairie View and Grambling -- PV defeated Grambling head-to-head.
- If there is a three-way tie at 5-4 between Prairie View, Grambling, and Southern - Prairie View defeated both Grambling and Southern head-to-head.
- If there is a four-way tie at 5-4 between Prairie View, UAPB, Grambling, and Southern -- UAPB holds the tie-breaker by virtue of what would be its 2-1 record vs. the other three teams tied and head-to-head victory over PV (Prairie View would also have a 2-1 record, Grambling would have a 1-2 record, and Southern would have a 1-2 record).
Games remaining that could affect the SCG
- Alabama A&M at Prairie View (Sat., Nov. 19 - 2:00 p.m.)
- Texas Southern at Arkansas-Pine Bluff (Sat., Nov. 19 - 2:30 p.m.)
- BAYOU CLASSIC - Southern vs. Grambling (Sat., Nov. 26 - 1:00 p.m.)
This week (Nov. 19)...
- If PV wins, then PV wins West and ALST wins East.
- If AAMU and UAPB both win, then PV is eliminated. AAMU wins East, and GRAM controls the West. UAPB wins West with an SU win on Nov. 26.
- If AAMU wins and UAPB loses, then UAPB is eliminated. AAMU wins East and GRAM controls the West. PV wins West with an SU win on Nov. 26.